Monday, January 28, 2008

Lazy Days

Everyone seemed to be sick on some level this weekend. Tyler finally came down with the cold that the rest of us have while Josh had another fever one day which seemed to wipe him out. We laid around the house and didn't do too much beyond watch TV, play video games and knit. I finally was able to get out of my sock knitting funk to start up the second sock for my MIL. I finished the heel, turn and gusset and I'm in the home stretch with the foot. The end is getting closer. So this started me up on another pair of socks that I'm attempting to knit 2 socks at a time on 2 circulars. Of course when I started the legs were no problem until I reached the heels. I had no references what to do next so recently I ordered some books to solve my problem. I ended up separating the socks and knit the heel and heel turn one at a time then put them back together for the foot portion. I do enjoy knitting this way since both socks end up looking the same unlike my first pair of socks where the 1st sock has a leg noticeably larger than the 2nd sock. Hmmm...this pair is for my MIL so hopefully she won't be bothered by this since she can wear them in bed.

The rain this past week has been contributing to our lazy feeling this weekend. I'm just glad we got rid of those skunks when we did because even now I can get a strong whiff of skunk when I get near the trap we used by the trash cans. I think the rain enhances the skunk smell and revived it even though the skunk incidents was about 2 weeks ago.

Anyway, I was revived in the sock knitting realm so maybe I'll attempt another pair soon once these other ones are done. I have some pretty sock yarn stashed away that makes me eager to see how they turn out. Some blues blended with purple which look very pretty. I also spent lots of time last week browsing free patterns for hats, purses and scarves and I found some doozys! I found a R2D2 hat which Josh would love if I can accomplish the pattern. I will have to feel ambitious for that one. So much to do and only one pair of hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment