Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A New Year

Happy New Year!!!
We spent a quiet evening at home with the kids. He-man and She-ra came over earlier to allow She-ra and I to run to the mall while He-man watched my kids play video games. I spent some major time at Barnes and Noble trying to find a certain sock knitting book but I couldn't find it on the shelves. I hate that...I had check online to see if that store had it and they said it was in stock. Grrr. Oh well, I still managed to find a nice reference guide and a book on knitted gifts. It should come in really handy.

We also went to Joann's where I picked up some more red yarn for a project that I keep getting sidetracked on because I need a lot of concentration while knitting it and that is just not possible most of the time. :) She-ra picked out some purple yarn so I can knit her little sis a hat but I ran out late last night so I want to head out and pick up one more skein today.

I've been busy at itunes scouring that site for something to add to my collection. And here is what I bought:
  1. 1234 - Feist. You probably know this song from the itunes commercial but it's very catchy.
  2. The Pretender - Foo Fighters. This song just rocks!
  3. Life in Cartoon Motion - MIKA. I bought the entire CD...so far I like Grace Kelly and have to listen to it a few more times to get the feel for it but has kinda Queen/70's vibe to it.
  4. Version - Mark Ronson. His version of some songs like Britney Spears and Coldplay.
  5. Radikal Techno 6. A collection of techno songs....gotta have my techno!
  6. The Sunny Side of the Moon: The Best of Richard Cheese - Richard Cheese. Very funny guy who puts his lounge singer spin on some popular hits like Nirvana, Radiohead, U2 and The Clash.
  7. Chicago - I loved this movie when it first came out so I had to have it and it was only $9.99!
  8. Rat Race - I remember renting this movie because Kat told me it was hilarious and it was. So I got it at the $9.99 bargain bin too.

Boy I think that was enough shopping at itunes. I still have about $50 for future purchases.

Oh, back to our new year's eve night...Hector brought some Woody's BBQ for dinner which is always awesome. Yum...plus we have plenty of leftovers for the week. He-man and She-ra pooped out after dinner and went home around 10:30pm. Earlier in the day, Hector's Zelda game got erased so he had to start over again. It was cute that both Hector and Tyler were playing side by side and helping each other out when they got stuck. Josh helped me with Guitar Hero by wearing one of our extra PS2 guitars while I played the latest game on the Wii. Lots of fun. By 11pm, Josh had fallen asleep on the sofa but Tyler had no problems staying up until midnight.

At midnight Tyler and Hector went out to join the other neighbors in lighting fireworks to celebrate and then we went to bed. Yep, it was another normal night at our house. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment