Friday, January 04, 2008

TGIF

Since the holidays, I've lost track of which day it is but not we're back in sync as we get ready for winter break to end and school to start! Tyler is slightly bummed that he has to go back to school but he misses his friends. It'll be nice to have the kids out of the house soon.

Yesterday Hector had the day off and there is a big storm rolling in (supposedly) so I thought we could head to the beach and see if there were any big waves. The sky was overcast but rain never appeared at all. The boys had a blast running around in the sand and playing with their Cosmic Catch while I tried to take pictures. Hopefully I'll upload those later today if I'm lucky. The waves weren't any bigger than usual and a handful of surfers were out trying to catch a ride. Oh well.

The house next door For Sale/Lease is now officially occupied. We met the couple a few days ago after they moved in. They are renting for now to see how the school district works for them but they seem nice. This house had been on the market for a while mostly because of the price but leasing seemed to be a good option for both parties. We shall see how that goes. It's not even 9am and some kid is already in the backyard yelling and playing basketball.

I definitely need to hit the grocery store today and stock up on food. For some reason Tyler is very excited about this errand so go figure. I had to hustle out of bed at 8am because I heard the trash truck rumbling outside and drag the containers out to the curb. I thought it was the recycling truck but no it was trash which is a bummer because I didn't have a chance to empty our trashcans inside the house! Grrrrr.

Tonight is my very first Laker game. I will be going with my SIL Lupe and we're going to have a fun girls night out. I don't know what to expect but it probably won't be as cold as a hockey game. The seats are in the same section as our hockey tickets but 4 rows closer to the action. It'll be fun to try to spot the celebrities since more attend basketball games.

If I have time I'm going to buy some more K-cups for my Keurig single cup coffee maker. Kat gave me a gift card so I used it to buy the coffee maker. I used to get my caffeine from sodas but that didn't seem to cut it anymore and with the colder weather, cold sodas weren't helping stay warm. I didn't need more than a cup so this machine seemed the best option for me. It came with an 18 cup starter variety pack which I've enjoyed all the ones I had so far. I'm happy that it has worked out well for me and Josh even asks for his hot chocolate too.

I used my Borders gift card to buy another knitting book (shocking, isn't it?) and it's about wraps. It is a little ambitious for me but one day I will gather up enough really nice yarn and knit one for myself. By that time, the styles will be obsolete but who cares? There are lots of cute patterns that could stand the test of fashion time (I think) that look just a tad different than a standard poncho or wrap. Of course, I still need to knit that second sock still while I'm currently knitting a baby sweater. More procrastination!

This weekend will be pretty busy. Another hockey game Saturday night and this time Kat & Brandon will be joining us too. We plan to have a nice dinner at Kiraku and head out to the game. Sunday is dinner with my aunt and her family. I think we will be having sukiyaki where we cook everything in a broth at the table. Should be lots of fun....gotta go now.

No comments:

Post a Comment