Wednesday, January 23, 2008

for something different than skunks

although the items are black and whitish but definitely not stinky. I finished some projects but hadn't posted pictures yet.




First, is a black bracelet bag for my SIL by request.



Second, a black beanie for a friend's son also by request. He is about Tyler's age and didn't want anything too cutesy or girly. Just a basic hat.

Now we get to a bigger project which involved a little more work than the usual knitting. I got this free pattern off the KnitPicks site so here is the chunky cable purse. After knitting and sewing up the seams, the bag sat around before I got myself to Joann's (I've been under the weather & now Josh is too). We made the trek to to Joann's on this gloomy and rainy day to find a canvas tote that would fit inside the purse as a liner and some bamboo handles. It took me a while to trim the tote to fit inside and sew down the edges to the proper size. Next was putting on the magnetic snaps which do not come with instructions but armed with a hammer I soon had that done too. I had to spend considerable time sewing the liner to the knit purse since the only tote that would fit is dark brown and the purse is off white...what color thread to use? Well, I used white and had to maneuver the sewing so the thread wouldn't show on either side. I'm quite proud of myself that I accomplished that! :) Almost through, I had to sew the handles on with thread then again with yarn and voila! My cute handbag.
A very useful size that is approximately 9 x 7 x 3 inches.


Had to show my handiwork, inside and out.

Now, who shall I give this too?? I have a couple in mind and now that I've done one, I can make some more. It's best shown in lighter colors to maximize the pretty cables and twists. Okay, I can pat myself on the back now.



No comments:

Post a Comment