Wednesday, January 30, 2008

finding a rhythm

After being out of sync, I decided to try and get back to straightening up around the house. At least I put the Christmas decorations away in containers...hey, our Christmas lights are still up but they're not on. Yesterday I had to sort through piles of mail to find the registration letter from the DMV for my car. Of course I found every other vehicle's registration and it made me stop to count all our vehicles. 4 cars and 3 motorcycles to register which used to keep pretty busy going back and forth to AAA because we were late. Now we can pay online which simplifies my life so much. I just need something to sort socks.

I often joke that our house has a black hole because I know for sure a particular item is in our house but can't find it! The most recent lost items is a certain book(s) that went MIA but Hector found them...phew! :) Then I couldn't find my video iPod and it wasn't in the usual places but today for some reason I happened to see it on top of the arcade machine. The closest place where I set it down but now I remember putting it up there to get it out way of baby's hands.

I am excited about sock knitting again but just have to realize that it will take time because of the yarn's thickness. I used a baby sock pattern to get me going and I'm really happy with the results. I'm including it with a baby sweater & hat for my friend in San Jose. I'll post pics later.

Just when I'm on a roll, I have to pick up Tyler from school then he starts his baseball practice tonight. We meet at batting cages so he is excited to try that out. I'll have to put off folding the rest of the laundry till tomorrow. Both kids are off school on Friday so Sherri and I have plans for our kids that day...hopefully it won't rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment