Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Soak City

Today I took the boys to Soak City in Buena Park which is part of the Knott's Berry Farm theme park. Our friend M was supposed to bring his niece & nephew but the little girl was being a brat so they ended up not going. I made good time in about 20 minutes so we arrived about 10:15 am (park opens at 10). I got really good parking and we snagged a couple of loungers under some shade so we were set for the day.



Tyler opted to play at the Beach House which is a multi-level structure with a couple of slides and knobs, levers, water cannons all designed to wet yourself or others. Plus there are a couple of huge buckets that tip over when full onto a dozen or more kids waiting for the waterfall. Josh doesn't like water spraying or dripping on him so he tried avoid everything in that area. He ran up the stairs very fast and when I finally caught up with him he was already drenched. Hmmm...oh well, that's what we were here for.



We moved on the Tidal Wave Bay which is the wave pool. There were not many people yet so finding some tubes was a snap. I put Josh in a life vest and he was off running into the water. I was surprised that he liked it so much since he doesn't like the ocean but I never know what to expect from him. It took a while for him to find a position he was comfortable with but he liked laying on it like a boogie board while the waves tossed him around. Josh loved it. We found a great spot where Josh could catch a 3 foot wave and ride it for a bit then I'd bring him back to do it all over again. The morning time was nice and not crowded at all unlike the afternoon.

We grabbed some lunch at noon before everyone else got the same idea. The kids' meal came with a sturdy souvenir cup with Snoopy on it. The only complaint was that an ice cream bar was given with the kids' meal so by the time they finished their food their ice cream was melting all over the place.

Our next stop was the Sunset River (lazy river) which is quite long and very relaxing. On our second time around, Tyler announce very loudly that he HAS to go to the bathroom! Geez...if he hadn't said it so loud I would have told him to pee in the river (I know it's a bad example but everyone does it, right ?) but people are all around so we get out at the nearest exit which of course, wasn't the exit where we left our sandals so we're running because the ground is very hot. We ended up near the entrance by the lockers (at least it was shady) then ran to the Beach House because Tyler wanted to go there. I had to run back to Sunset River while holding Josh to retrieve our sandals (he was very smart in asking me to hold him). I zigzaged my way to a little patch of grass then to a small puddle and finally the river. Ahhhh...is it possible to burn the bottoms of your feet? To recover my tootsies, Josh and I went back into the river for another loop before heading back to find Tyler.

We found Tyler who was bored with the Beach House at this point and we went back to the wave pool. This time the pool was packed and everyone was fighting over the same waves so I decided to pack up for home. Josh was not happy with this idea but it was 3:00pm I wanted to head home before traffic began. Overall we had such a great time. Hopefully next time Hector can join us so we can take Tyler on the more adventurous slides and rides. I didn't bring any of my digital cameras because I didn't want to get them wet and had no one to watch them. I did buy a disposable waterproof camera so I'll try to develop those today.





1 comment:

  1. What a cool day for you and the boys. Those wave pools are pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete