Friday, June 29, 2007

Another Day

Yesterday Tyler went on an outing to Seaside Lagoon in Redondo Beach. It is a saltwater play area and I've seen it several times but never had a chance to check it out. M took his niece & nephew there and invited Tyler. It was a nice break for me. Josh went to school so I had a couple of hours to myself.

I finished my scrunchie hat last night and decided to keep it for myself. I've been knitting for everyone else so I kept this one once I saw how it turned out. I'm trying to find the little digital camera to take some pictures of it and the pictures from Soak City should be ready by this afternoon too.

I received my Denise needles the other day and they work great. I love this kit. I really like working on circular needles and found this interchangeable kit. So far, it's been very versatile and easy to use. I paid the $5 extra to donate to breast cancer plus my kit is pink! No more second guessing needle gauge etc. since everything has its proper place and fits neatly inside.

Tyler and I just returned from seeing Shrek the Third which was cute and funny. I'm not too timely in seeing new movies but we manage. I was originally thinking about Ratatouille but Tyler chose Shrek. We zoomed on over to make it to the 10:15 am showing since Hector was home to watch Josh. I love the early showings! We can watch the movie then go home for lunch and the rest of the day.

No great plans for the weekend but the kids got an invite to a going away party on Sunday. It should be lots of fun with a bounce house/water slide and shave ice machine. The big perk is that the party is being held in a super swanky mansion in Palos Verdes. It's a long story how a pharmacist friend can afford this place but she made an awesome decision to buy it when she did about 5-7 years ago when it was a buyers market. I questioned the million $ price tag even back then but now the new homes in the same tract are now selling for over $5 million!! I'll try to take lots of pictures of the 7000 sq. foot house on a cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment