Thursday, June 07, 2007

Shutterbug

I've had my digital SLR for a year now and looking back, I realize I needed to really learn its functions. I bought several books that explain f-stops, aperture and shutter speed but never fully understood these things. My friend T and I took a basic photography class last night and everything became so much clearer. The instructor gave me the urge to explore the creative side of my camera so today I fiddled around with the focus points. I took the same picture about 7 times but changed the focus point to a specific object each time. The class was only 2 hours and only covered the general terms and functions but it is a huge push for me in the right direction.

So hopefully I can learn a lot more in the next year and promise to not use the AUTO function as the main setting. Hector gave a new external flash for Mother's Day so I'm excited to see how my pictures turn out. I already see a big difference....yay!

With all the pictures I take at the park, a lot of them include my friend Sherri's kids. I've been meaning to burn the pics onto a CD but last weekend kat brought over her little flash drive to upload a picture she wanted to have lightened. Aaaahhhh! The little lightbulb came on and I thought I need to get one of those. Duh...Hector always says that I love gadgets and yeah this one took me a while to discover but the prices have dropped & storage is much bigger so yesterday we went to Circuit City to get a flash drive. I know people use them for work but it never occurred to me that I could use them for my photos. Heh, I'm a little slow at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment