Friday, February 01, 2013

Startitis

As the weekend approaches, here are some of the recent projects that I've started and have on the needles...

SIP: On Hold Socks

After I finished my Drip Candles socks, I was eager to cast on again to not lose that mojo. I peeked into the SKA schedule and Wendy Johnson is one of the featured designers for February. I could have waited until February to cast these on but I didn't wait since it's mostly my own personal challenge and I'm not competing for prizes this time.

So the On Hold socks were cast on mid January with Malabrigo sock yarn that people rave about and I remembered having this somewhere in my stash. Here it is in lovely plum tones and very soft.

Oh, but I got distracted easily and cast on this...

WIP: Steampunk Mini Topper

A Steampunk Mini Topper which is a jaunty little felt hat which can be embellished with ribbons, feathers or whatever one wants. Of course, I need to knit it first then the magic of felting can begin. I have another 20 rows of knitting to be done then the decreases. I really hope I have enough yarn but I might have to run to Joann's and hopefully find the same dye lot.

Which brings me to this other item I began...

WIP: The Age of Brass and Steam Kerchief

A little accessory called The Age of Brass and Steam kerchief. I'm trying to pull a steampunk outfit together for Wondercon in March. I'm starting with the accessories and work from there.

I still have another project somewhere lurking around but that's it for now...Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment