Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Overnighter

I love February because the kids get a few 3 day weekends which can be really needed. The kids got sick around that time so that day off gave them some time to recover without missing school. So this past weekend is our last long weekend to enjoy and we packed several activites into those days.

Saturday started off with a birthday party at Skyzone for one of Josh's friends so for one hour they jumped, leaped and played dodgeball to their hearts content. Those photos are on my other camera but I have a feeling most will be blurry.

Then we finished up our taxes (phew), packed an overnight bag and headed down to Carlsbad. We had another birthday party but this time is was for our friend Dan's girlfriend's birthday. Hector suggested if we go, we should spend the night so we can go to Legoland the next day. Fine with everyone!

The birthday party was a really nice and relaxing time. We met Dan's girlfriend only once before but everyone there was very nice and friendly. I tried to brush up on my photography skills which showed me I need to work on my flash & lighting techniques but I tried my best. I do prefer daylight/natural light so this was definitely out of my comfort zone. 

Linda & Dan

This picture I just decided to desaturate it since the lighting was very yellow due to the lamp shades which threw the camera off. Like I said, I need to work on this...

IMG_0398.jpg

Or I'd just resort to switching it to B/W to hide the lighting issues...here's Hector doing bartender duties.

IMG_0396.jpg

The lighting was better on the lower level of condo. The 50mm lens allows the light to flood in so no flash here since I ditched that earlier in the evening.

Okay, now on to Legoland...

Slide @Legoland

Josh and I sat this ride out while Hector and Tyler decided to go extreme. :)

Ready to go

rotating right

thrills

more twists

It sure looks like they enjoyed the ride. Blech.

No comments:

Post a Comment