Friday, February 22, 2013

Cranberry Newtonesque Bars

We have cookies!! :)

The thing I love in my Cookie A sock club membership along with the yarn/patterns are the cookie recipes.

One of the recipes is the fig bars (like Fig Newtons). I like them but decided to try dried cranberries instead since the kids would most likely eat these.

In a nutshell, these are a HIT!! I had to make some modifications like omit the honey (none in the house) and use regular flour instead of the whole wheat flour. The dough is super fiddly but I figured out a way to make it work and VOILA!


Here they are....
Cranberry bars before cutting

Cranberry bars

I gave one to Tyler and he barely bit into it before saying, "Yum." Then he took the plateful and gobbled them up. :)

Now I need to make more...

No comments:

Post a Comment