Tuesday, September 11, 2012

JPL tour

As usual, I'm behind in posting. School has begun and things have started to settle down. SoCal has been experiencing a heatwave for about a month now so it's wearing on me. Last summer it wasn't very warm at all so I suppose this is payback.

I haven't even knit that much except on my Cookie A sock club Solfars which are from June(?). I'm on the toes so I hope to have them finished by tonight.

But I'm getting ahead of myself again....here are the photos I took on our last summer field trip to JPL. If you ever are in the area, be sure to try and book a tour (weeks in advance). There is an open house every year but it gets crazy crowded. Not as many areas are open to the tour but if crowds are not your thing then I recommend the tour.

IMG_5881.jpg

Kids in front of model

Mars Rover 1 & 2

Assembly room

Really fascinating but the kids got a little tired since the tour is about 2.5 hours long with some walking in the hot weather. Overall, I think they had a good time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment