Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Grease Monkey

Slowly, we are introducing Tyler to more grownup responsibilities that will be essential (or at least handy) to know. I'm fortunate to have a very handy hubby to make our life a bit easier and more cost effective. When we were first dating, I witnessed Hector repair a pair of broken glasses with a lighter, a baggie twist tie & a Swiss army knife where I dubbed him McGyver. ;)

Anyway, our Honda needed to be looked at for brakes, rotors etc. Hector enlisted Tyler and together they replaced the parts and put the SUV back together. They took it out for a test drive and the brakes worked fine.

I'm not sure if Tyler will retain any of this later but he did tell me he relayed the story to his algebra teacher on Monday when asked about his weekend. She asked him, "Where were you when I needed you!" I think he got a little kick out of that!

Grease monkey jr.

Bonding

tricks of the trade

1 comment:

  1. i only know you and the boys through blogger, but i have to say, when i saw this post, the firs thing i thought was "look how grown up tyler looks!" you can almost see his teenager face in there. :) i love that your husband and he did that together! they look like they're having fun.

    ReplyDelete