Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Beach Film



Like I said before, I shot a roll of film at the beach today and here are some of the shots. I have a Yashica FR-2 which is a SLR camera and from the photos I got back, I have some learning to do. :)

About half are in focus while the other half is not which I need to figure out. The film loaded up fine but the frame number indicator is stuck so I just have to keep shooting until the end.
When I do have the shot in focus, the image is sharp and the colors are true. I have to put more of the Fuji Superia film on order although I will try some other brands to get a feel for them.

So here are some of my best and worst shots from yesterday...

First shot of roll

Josh romps while Ty & Glenn are to the left of the group in the background

Tyler

Tyler out in the waves

Josh with Tyler and Glenn in the waves

Lots of happy beachgoers

Josh jumping the waves
More beachgoers

Escape to the sea
The water was nice and warm. It was so relaxing listening to the waves crash.

Here is an example of a blurry action shot...

Cartwheel
Overall, I'm happy with the results. I need to focus on the technical aspects of shooting and can only hope to get better...

No comments:

Post a Comment