Friday, June 29, 2012

Downtown: part one

During the summer, I try to take the kids out on a field trip of sorts once a week. It can be a museum, building,  park or hike but it has to be something out of our usual routine. For the most part, the kids are game for whatever and this time I thought we would invite Laura and her son Glenn too.

Downtown LA has changed quite a bit over the years so I am not that familiar with all that there is to see. Laura said she spent time downtown when she was younger so that helped with navigation. Our first hurdle was getting there. Yes, we could have driven but we didn't want to deal with the high parking prices so we opted for the Metro. The kids were all for that and off we went.

Our first stop was the Walt_Disney_Concert_Hall. It is about a short 2 block walk from the Metro stop and there are free audio tours which take about an hour. Surprisingly, the kids were responsive to this type of tour and actually listened to all the audio. I think I would do this again without the kids so I could fully listen to the audio, etc. I think we were there for over an hour.

IMG_8082.jpg

Here is the set of pictures from the Disney Hall. Much more later.

Front Entrance

My favorite one of the set.

No comments:

Post a Comment