Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer begins

Yes, the kids are out of school but I'm looking forward to our time together. We have some activities planned and will share them as we do them. It helps that hockey season is done so I can fully concentrate on other fun things but it sure is distracting that the NHL channel was replaying all the Kings winning games each round per day. It was cool because I know the Kings win but seriously some of these games were over a month ago so some of the highlights I remember pop up and it's so fun to relive.

Okay, enough of that although I still have to process more of the rally photos that you can check out on my Flickr. I'm knitting on my Zathustra socks specifically the heel portion/picking up for the gusset. I love the contrast of the bright orange/yellow with the black but honestly I have to finish that part with natural daylight by a window otherwise I cannot see the stitches. I previously knit of black socks for Buddy a while back and swore never again but here I am knitting with black yarn.

Since I couldn't knit on those socks without proper lighting, I started another pair of socks (not black) in a pretty shade of blue-green. I'm just beginning to understand how my iPad can help me with knitting. It holds my PDFs and I can annotate the row I am on so I can start up again without several minutes of backtracking/reading. It's pretty awesome. :-)

Meanwhile, our hot tub time machine (have to think of a proper name) was hooked up yesterday so tonight we should be able to soak in it which should be sooooo nice. It's June gloomy here and at night the clouds roll in so it's pretty chilly. Hmmm, we have some champagne that I should chill too.

Yay for summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment