Thursday, June 21, 2012

What is going on?

My oldest son Tyler is growing in leaps and bounds. A year ago, he was about 5 ft tall and chunky. Zoom to present day and he is now 5'7" (taller than me by an inch or so) and stretching out. His voice is changing along with his body. He never seemed to be interested in girls but that is slowly changing too. He'll be 13 in September. I need to brace myself.

He was in advanced math (pre-algebra) so he was in mostly a class of 7th graders. This is where it starts...girls began talking to him. This increased over the school year and  now there is one girl that wants to hang with him this summer. I don't personally know her but soon will if her parents agree to let her come to the movie Brave with us tomorrow.  It will interesting to say the least.

I just realized that her initals are the same as Tyler's. TT. So that's how we will refer to her from now on. I keep reminding myself, it's just hanging out and talking about their Nintendo 3DSs. But I'm watching.....closely.

1 comment:

  1. it's crazy when they get that age! i know when my stepdaughter hit 13, a lot changed. not all bad changes, of course, but sometimes i have to remind myself to breathe. :-) i think boys are easier at that age because they're kind of clueless, whereas girls are over-thinking-analyzing-everything creatures. either way, though, they definitely stop being little kids.

    ReplyDelete