Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hump day + Socks

Getting thru the week and I finished my Zarathustra socks!!

zarathustra1

My very first time using Wollmeise which is a super popular yarn known for its vibrant, saturated colors. Notices go out that Wollmeise is up for sale and its a mad dash to grab some online. I nabbed the first bright one that caught my eye which was the orange/yellow/red yarn and it has been sitting in its bag waiting to be used. About a year later, I managed to get some black Wollmeise with the intentions of colorwork.

zarathustra1

Then I stumbled upon Zarathustra which uses slipped stitches and looks extremely complicated but it really isn't. My iPad came in handy with the PDF chart and instructions and voila!

zarathustra3

I love these socks although there are just a tad baggy around my ankles but their purdiness more than makes up for some looseness. :)

zarathustra5

I think I would make these again maybe using a slightly thinner fingering weight yarn and see how it goes. The combinations are endless....

No comments:

Post a Comment