Friday, December 10, 2010

Homemade Christmas Ornaments

003

002

I found a quick stashbuster for my sock yarn. Cute mini sweater ornaments. My first one was the red sweater then I tried to use 4 different colors for the striped sweater. The result is adorable but no more stripes using all those yarns. I ended up with a cute little sweater with about a dozen strands hanging out the bottom and sleeves. Thankfully I don't have to be super meticulous at weaving all those ends since no one could possible wear these but I'll stick to solid colors and self striping yarns, thank you very much. I also had lots of pipe cleaners left from a kids project so ta-da....little hangers!! :)

008

Another cute ornament with beads. I made a mistake in the beading but turned it around. ;) I have plenty of these balls that over the years get chipped and scratched so this is a nice way of repurposing them. Win-win. Excuse the yucky photo, I took it at night with horrible lighting so I'll try again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment