Thursday, December 23, 2010

Annis v2.0

Alpaca Cloud Annis is my latest shawlette, in honor of the recent rainy weather. Super light and soft alpaca laceweight yarn which is lovely against the skin but so difficult to knit with thin, thread-like yarn.
Annis shawlette
Here is the shawlette completed. It doesn't look like much right now with no shape or definition. But that's where blocking comes in...
Annis shawlette

A nice soak in cold water and Soak wash for about 20 minutes. Gently squeeze and blot with towel.
Annis shawlette
A very damp blob ready to pin out on my foam garage mat that my sweetie picked up at Pep Boys for me. :)
Annis shawlette
Excuse the blurry photo but here is the shawlette all pinned out. I pinned the points out into a crescent shape and it's not perfectly symmetrical but I can live with that. The great thing about lace is that it dries really fast.
Annis Shawlette
And here is the finished item, all dry and blocked. The miracle of blocking!!
Annis Shawlette


Annis Shawlette
The pattern calls for nupps where I put 7 stitches into 1 stitch then knit them together to gather them up. It was my first time and I hear a lot of complaints about nupps but I knit loosely then use a crochet hook to gather them up so it's a but fiddly but doable.

I really like this pattern and shawls in general so maybe I will make 2011 a year to work on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment