Sunday, September 19, 2010

Traveling Woman

No, I'm not going anywhere. Traveling Woman is the name of my latest FO (finished object). A real honest to goodness shawl knit with thread-like laceweight yarn. Really fine yarn. Very pretty knit up into something lush but kind of awful to knit with. I can barely grab hold of it to knit and it clumps together so the stitches will get knit together if I'm not careful. I love the finished project and this is the first so maybe I will soon love the process.

The shawl is on the small size but will work as a lightweight scarf. Lovely pattern too and I'm already knitting another one but in fingering weight (sock yarn) which will make the shawl bigger with more heft to it.
This shawl/scarf will do some traveling like its name as I plan to loan it out to Carol as she heads off on her 29 day cruise from Australia to LA. My traveling woman will rack up some serious miles! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment