Friday, September 10, 2010

My Childhood Memories

Hector and I were talking about theme parks back in the day and I totally remember Japanese Deer Park/ Enchanted Village, the Alligator Farm and when there used to be mule rides at Disneyland.

This video jogged my memory of the deer park which was peaceful and serene. The alligator farm was fascinating to me when I was a child and even though my mom was scared to death of reptiles, she let me go in by myself (I was probably 6 or 7 years old) and I got to wander in there and check things out. My mom would ask some workers to keep an eye on me and she would browse at the pottery store then come and get me. :)


It's also funny that my friend Kat is a total Disney freak now and I remember the mule rides where Thunder Mountain is now and she didn't believe me until she got a Disney history book that verified my account. Ha!

Now I  tell my kids stuff I remember as a kid and they probably think I've lost it.

No comments:

Post a Comment