Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Lace Ribbon Scarf

Just in time for fall...
Self portrait.


The lovely Lace Ribbon scarf is completed. I used up one skein of Cascade Heritage sock yarn to have about 5.5 ft of pretty art.
I gave myself a deadline and finished it yesterday just in time for the overcast skies.

The color is darker in real life with navy blue parts amongst the wine colors. I did make loads of mistakes but I will prefer to call them 'unique portions' and embrace the imperfections.
Slightly closer look.

I think this will be a staple in my wardrobe because of its lightweight warmth that is perfect for So Cal. I maybe inclined to knit this again at a later date so for now I will enjoy my new scarf.

Okay, I just checked the start date (7-23-10) and completed (9-6-10). I also gave Hector a crash course in blocking wires and mats. He knows a lot about yarn and knitting so he is at the conversational level. :)

Side note: Our Kings season tickets arrived now!! Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment