Friday, September 03, 2010

Oddball Socks

I found this pair languishing in a bin so I decided they needed to be finished before I finished anything else. I can't remember when I started them (months ago, I'm sure) and they are generic socks (using a plain ol' sock recipe) but I used little odds n ends of sock yarn. I would knit 4 rows of one color, drop it and knit 4 more rows of another color and repeat to get the striped look. I didn't always have the right color matches but that doesn't bother me at all.
I did knit them toe up which is a technique I'm working on especially the heel and this heel flap looks really nice and I didn't find it difficult so that gives it a big thumbs up from me. They also fit really well so I'll keep them for myself. I'm calling them Oddball socks because they represent many of the pairs of socks that I've made so far. :)

Here are some pictures with different angles to get the whole view. It's kind of hard to photograph my own feet but I did my best. The lighting is not the best and I didn't correct it. So there.

I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment