Monday, September 06, 2010

Labor Day weekend

What a nice long weekend!! We had a great time visiting with family and friends. Add some terrific food and Soak City to top it off.

We finally were able to make it to Morton's and spend our gift cards. The timing was perfect because Ken and Lupe joined us too. As usual, the food there totally rocks although I was pretty miffed at the discontinuation of their mac n cheese. Never fear, Hector found the recipe for me online so I will be attempting it one day soon.

I finished these Skew socks last week but didn't have a proper model so I was happy that Lupe filled that need for me. Even she had to work hard to get these socks on and I would give them to her but they're too long. As much as I hate to admit it, they will most likely head to the frog pond unless I find a person with some skinny, anorexic size 8 feet.


I'm sending them to my niece Summer so keep fingers crossed.
This weekend was filled with awesome food. For example, Hector made barbequed kalbi while I made the rice and broccoli last night . So good. Today I tried to make these little lasagna cupcakes. I got an A for effort although I ran out of my homemade tomato sauce which amkes it taste yummy. Mine didn't really remind me of lasagna since H and I don't like ricotta cheese too much but they were good. I just trying to get the proportions right so next time should have better results.
Bite sized (not really).

Here are what they looked like. I think the sauce is the key here to give enough moisture to the wonton skins and cook them properly. Then I can freeze and reheat when needed... yum.

Hope your weekend was great. The boys start school on Wednesday so back to the routine...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment