Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer Plans

Now that summer is here, I had to get my rear in gear. First, register Tyler for his summer camp. It will be a sleepover camp for 5 nights away from home and lots of fun. There will be a tipi to sleep in, lots of activities and fun. I filled out the form and wrote the check. Hopefully he gets in.

So now I have to figure what Joshua can do. Since his older brother gets to go to camp maybe I can give him a little taste of camping, mommy style. So we are off to the Wild Animal Park sleepover for Wild West night. Gonna sleep in a tent (premium style for us) and barely rough it. Hey it's just me and Josh so no 'real' camping. We can roam the park before checking in and having a great time on our overnighter then enjoy the park the next day too. Of course, we have to pay for a day's admission for the park but we can take our time over 2 days. Also, we will be going in August so I'm sure it's gonna be HOT.

Meanwhile, the kids have been working on their sk8r skills. Tyler on the skateboard and Josh rollerblading. Once I found Josh all his safety gear, he has tackled skating with gusto. We were at the park yesterday and Josh skated around his park course about 8-10 times. Lots of falls but he gets right back up again.

When it gets warmer, we will start practicing on Josh's swimming too. Lots of fun planned for the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment