Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Precious

I watched The Transformers movie and also The Bourne Ultimatum over the long weekend...I had to watch since they've been here at the house like forever. Who knows what is next on our Netflix queue? We also have Speed Racer (the original anime) and Josh has been mesmerized with that and anything involving Speed Racer. Before I left for Cancun, Josh was trying to earn a Mach 5 by cleaning his play area and listening to instructions. When they picked us up at the airport, Josh was waving his cool Hot Wheels Mach 5. Over this past week, he misplaced it several times and kept asking me to help him find it. We're trying to teach him to take care of his things but he managed to misplace it and we looked all over the house for it. Josh was sulking and upset because I wouldn't replace it but he looked so sad so we emptied out his piggy bank and he bought another Mach 5.

On Thursday he brought his "precious" to school for show and tell and I told him to put in back into his backpack when he was done so he wouldn't lose it. When the bus arrived Josh was asleep like usual so we got him off the bus and he starts asking about his Mach 5. Not in the backpack. Ugh. So we've been bombarded with questions on where his "precious " is and no we are not going back to the store to get another one.

Finally today, I was doing laundry and checking pockets and lo,behold a Mach 5 in one of his shorts. Yay! Josh was very happy and I tell him that it needs to stay home so he won't lose it again. Then later this afternoon, he comes home with his missing car that he left on the bus so he has his backup "precious".

I still need to take the kids to see Speed Racer even though I hear it is long and not that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment