Sunday, May 04, 2008

Homebodies

It feels like everything is going by so fast. I come back from my relaxing stay at Harrahs then have to hit the ground running to keep up with all of our lives. Tyler is doing his final oral presentation on Christopher Columbus (this is for the 2nd grade) and we've been reading books. websites gathering facts and notes. Then the notes are transferred to a poster where Tyler has to write down the facts along with pictures/drawings. Hector said he discussed with Tyler about what ideas would be good for the poster but baseball games and practice delayed the poster until Saturday where I helped Tyler draw and color a story timeline. Yes, it was a lot of work and it still needs more touches. And next week, we will be working on a costume!! Ha! I can see where this is heading....Hector will be working for 4 days at Centinela and I will be busy working on some kind of costume. At least it looks very simple that I can fashion some kind of robe and hat out of black felt and a glue gun. :)

Meanwhile the bathroom has slowed down a bit. Hector is in the process of installing the 2 medicine cabinets and scraping old paint off the wall. Hopefully I can start the primer and painting portion soon because I leave for Mexico on May 14th! What...that soon already? I changed my mind on the paint color because I kept hearing complaints on green so the paint is now a blue gray color. Hey it's paint....I can change it if the color doesn't work.

Last night we had some friends over for the De La Hoya fight....it was predictable and okay. Nothing spectacular or great knockdowns but okay. Thankfully it wasn't pay per view or I would have been upset. Just blah.

Okay I have to get back to that poster....I don't think that the teacher can expect a 2nd grader to draw or write in such a small space. My nephews came over briefly yesterday and mentioned that Tyler draws really well....Ha ha those are my drawing that Tyler colored. He wouldn't have been able to fit a scene depicting Queen Isabella giving Columbus money for his voyage in a 2.5 x 3 inch space. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment