Monday, May 05, 2008

planning stages

I'm such a doofus when I realize that I leave for Playa Del Carmen next Wednesday and haven't really prepared for it. Well, I did go shopping for some new clothes and shoes but I usually do more research on a place. All I know is that it is about 30-40 miles south of Cancun so the weather should very warm. Right now I'm looking forward to that since it is unseasonably gloomy here in SoCal. It looks like it might rain with some wind and today at Tyler's baseball game I was getting chilly then freezing.

Hector and I went to Cancun for our honeymoon where it rained for 6 days and 6 nights. Some pesky weather condition called a tropical storm. It finally cleared up on the day we left. We didn't get to do any sightseeing or enjoy the pool or ocean. So this time around I'm hoping the weather will be okay and I won't get sunburned. My cousin and I don't have any solid plans whatsoever except arrive and depart dates and we're going to play it my ear. Nothing to strenuous...wake up, eat, hang out by the pool, eat and knit. I'll bring the pair of socks that I've been working on for the last couple of months and maybe I'll finish them. I bringing another project for a baby jumper dress using that same Noro yarn I used for the hand warmers because my friend and his wife are expecting a baby girl in June.

My plans to download some Spanish podcasts a month ago was pushed aside so I'm downloading them now. We'll see how much (not) I can accomplish in 6 days. :) I just need to do it so wish me luck. Oy, I'm in trouble.

I still need to help Tyler with his famous person presentation and wouldn't you know it that it would be helpful to be in costume according to the teacher. That way it would help the child so I need a Christopher Columbus outfit...hmm...where can I find it? Maybe Party City? Nope, I have to make one. Oh, it's optional but this week's homework is working on the costume. Sigh. I'll find some black fabric and fashion a robe/cape looking thingy with a black funky hat. Something that I can glue gun together so it'll last for a 3-4 minute talk. Then we'll try and preserve it for several years until Josh has to his talk and use it again. :) Heh heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment