Thursday, May 29, 2008

May knits

I finished some knit items in between sock projects to get me jumpstarted. I like knitting socks but it takes me a while to really find that harmonious balance between the yarn, needles and pattern. It is not uncommon for me to start a pair, knit an inch or so then frog and retry something else. I was knitting a pair for Kat's dad but the yarn was not showing up in the pattern so I will attempt another pattern that will show off the yarn at its best.


Meanwhile I bought the book Stitch' n Bitch Nation for some fun patterns. I finished the spiderweb capelet in 2 days and most likely will keep this for myself. That could change real fast though. I'm also starting the cabled newsboy cap and if it's quick, easy and fun I might make this the Christmas grab bag gift. Over the year I will knit various hats and hopefully make enough to have relatives and friends select a hat at Christmastime. I'll see how much I get accomplished.



This was a fast and fun knit project. I think the lace pattern will stand out more after I do some blocking then I'll have a cute wrap for those cool evenings.


This project has been laying around dormant for almost a year. I originally wanted to make a Harry Potter type scarf for my friend Kat but it is extremely boring to knit. I did work on it a bit last week but it takes longer because I'm basically knitting a tube so it'll look the same on both sides. It measures about 30 inches right now so I'm almost halfway there. Like I said earlier that this was intended for Kat (a secret) but she mentioned that her dad wanted a Harry Potter scarf and fingerless mittens in the same colors so I told her that I was already working on one which I will switch over to her dad. Hey at least it will end up at the same family. I need to check and find out when the new Harry Potter movie comes out so it will be done by then. Ugh. Maybe I can teach Tyler to knit so he'll help me out with this one....haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment