Saturday, November 10, 2007

11th Anniversary

Yesterday was our 11th wedding anniversary and it was a very nice day. Hector went in to work later than usual so he gave me part 1 of my present which was a Montblanc pen. Yeah! I really love pens...I usually had a nice variety for pharmacy work. I was forever using a pen to write prescriptions or initialling off prescriptions. Hector gave me a Montblanc before which I lost so I'm determined to keep this pen for a long time.

I gave Hector some tools (always a safe gift)...this time it was a bunch of drill bits. After he went to work I went to Target and found a travel duffle for Hector to replace his old one. It has served him for many years but it's time for a new one.

Later in the afternoon, Hector came home with part 2 of my gift. It was a gorgeous pair of diamond hoop earrings. I realized that I had pointed out the earrings to Hector a few weeks ago and he remembered! Well, it helps to let him know what jewelry I like or else no one is happy. :)
I took a picture of them but diamonds are extraordinarily difficult to photograph so you'll have to trust me that these are beautiful. Yay.

We had dinner at Arnie Morton's which was wonderful as usual. I had the Caesar salad, cajun ribeye, asparagus and creme brule. I have my leftover ribeye to enjoy tomorrow. :) After dinner we headed over to Hollywood Park for some horse racing and the concert afterwards featuring English Beat. We arrived right after the 6th race and I decided to place a bet on the 7th race. The race only had about 6 horses running but the information given began to confuse me so I chose the horse based on the jockey's name....Tyler. The odds were 8-1 but I bet $5 for the horse to win. And the horse won!! It was really exciting and I won $40. The concert afterwards was cool since only about 100 people hung around. We didn't stay very long but we heard I Confess so that was pretty cool. I really wanted to hear Save It For Later but we had to get home. Overall, we had a really fun anniversary and enjoyed our night out together.

No comments:

Post a Comment