Monday, November 12, 2007

My Quest


I hate my eyelashes. They are short, super fine and sparse. I avoided mascara for the longest time because it irritated my contact lenses/eyes. Lately, I found a nice mascara that wasn't clumpy and coated my lashes perfectly so that my lashes looked better and natural. That was okay for everyday use although I hated removing the mascara every night.


The other day when I was in the drugstore and I found a lash extension kit. These are individual lashes that you glue to your eyelashes and should last for weeks. I tried professional lash extension over a year ago and I loved the results but they didn't last the 4-6 weeks as stated. Mine lasted about 1-2 weeks and once they start falling out, it starts looking funny especially on me. So I was excited about the do-it-yourself kit for $12.99 versus $120 and up. I sat down one night and applied the lashes to my right eye. At first I was dropping lashes every time I tried picking them up with tweezers but soon got the hang of gluing the lash on once I switched tweezers. The result was nice. My lashes were super long and to me they looked fake but maybe it was just me. My gripe was the glue which dried clumpy and since I'm right handed, my right eye looke good while my left eye looked a little off. I decided to sleep on it and the next morning, the lashes on the left eye looked really droopy (maybe because I sleep on that side). I had a to use adhesive remover to get the lashes off and put them aside. Plus I was concerned that the adhesive would pull out what little lashes I had left. Too abrasive and semi-permanent I decided that since I had the patience to glue on individual lashes, I should try false eyelashes again.
Back to the drugstore....I found a pair that looked nice and not too gaudy. I put them on for our anniversary night and enjoyed how they turned out. Btw, Hector doesn't understand my eyelash envy at all but he is wise not to make any mean comments. :) So on special occasions, I'll bring out my falsies and bat my eyelashes coyly.

No comments:

Post a Comment