Friday, October 05, 2007

podcasts etc

I'm preparing my iPod for our big trip next week so today I spent some time browsing the podcast section. I like to read but lately my knitting takes up my spare time and I need 2 hands for that. I thought about audiobooks but they are really expensive. I do subscribe to a couple of podcasts which I enjoy while I knit but I came across some podcasts that broadcast old radio shows, comedies, mysteries, thrillers and whatever you can think of. I decided that will do instead of audiobooks. I downloaded Murder on the Orient Express radio program because I used to love reading Agatha Christie books and a Sherlock Holmes mystery. That's about 3 hours of listening so that should cover the train ride from Montreal to Quebec City. All my other music and videos should take care of the plane ride while knitting away.

I started a baby gnome hat from One Skein Wonders some camouflage yarn. I doubled up the yarn to make it more bulky and soft which so far has been shaping up nicely. I heard that knitting needles are allowed on plane flights but I better check for sure because I'd hate to surrender my Denise needles. I love that everything I need is in this one kit in a handy case. It makes finding everything so much easier.

Today we retrieved our suitcases from storage so I can start packing this weekend. I can't believe we'll be leaving Tuesday already. Last night I felt a little achy so I took some ibuprofen because it would seriously suck to be sick. I have to remember to take my Airborne too; I don't know if it works or not but it seems to for me so that's why I still use it. Hector will be rolling his eyes but that's okay. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment