Monday, October 22, 2007

Feeling Neglected

Shortly after Joshua was born, Hector bought me my dream car. A BMW 525. I said that I wouldn't let the kids ride in it and no food or drinks inside. Well, I eased up on the kids riding in the car and had to cover the seat backs from dirty shoes scuffing up the gray leather. Still no food inside and I can have my drinks but not the kids. When I worked part-time I drove my car back and forth and sometimes during the week when I ran errands. Over the last 4 years, it was driven less and less but not because I didn't want to but because it usually was a hassle to get it out of the garage. I had to move Hector's truck which is no big deal but for a while Hector's motorcycle blocked the garage and there was no way I could move that!

The last time I started my BMW was a couple of weeks to drive it to my photo class and even then it had a hard time starting. It must have been a month since I really drove it. So we leave for vacation and return when I'm thinking I should start it up again. Today was that day and you know what? The battery is dead dead dead. Great. I can't open the doors or the trunk. Darn electronic locks. Hector called the service department and after another attempt was able to open my car. Fortuntately my battery is located in the trunk so he jumpstarted my car easily. I had to drive it around for bit which suited me fine so I drove over to Cerritos and back. Meanwhile Hector finished installing the baseboards in our kitchen. Yeah!

We also went to Costco and loaded up on staples like toilet paper, batteries and food. I wanted a portable hard drive to back up all my music and pictures and we found a 250 GB for about $140. I thought it would be about the size of those CD cases that hold about 64 cds but this thing is about the size of a 3x5 card and less than an inch thick. So far I'm loading my music on which is taking a while but I can't complain. I have about 26 GB of music to transfer so we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment