Tuesday, October 23, 2007

First Sock


I finished my first sock!! Pictures to follow later and now I need to psych myself up to do the next one before I forget what I did. Tyler has his autobiography oral report tomorrow so we've been trying to get him in the 3 minute range. He needs to cut out his pauses and okays but heck he is only in 2nd grade so I won't make him do too much. Can't have a stressed out 8 year old in my house!

Hector is off to the hockey game with M tonight. Hopefully the Kings will get their act together. Earlier today we went bowling and I did awful. By the 3rd game, I was improving and I eeked out a win over Hector 111 to 109. Wow. I think this is a first for me although he says I've beat him before. :)

The fires in SoCal are wrecking havoc all around us. The sky is smoky and it's hot, windy and dry. I pray that there will be a quick containment and for the safety for all those involved. Today Tyler was supposed to have a study trip to the fire station but it was cancelled. He is starting to understand what is happening to those around us more.

On the good news front, Tyler passed to the next level of swim class so we're happy for him. He gets to move on to the Fish level and after that I think that will be it. Pretty soon baseball will begin and we'll be involved with various activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment