Sunday, October 07, 2007

heh

We're taking off on Tuesday to Canada...I didn't get the packing done like I said I would. Hector and I saw Morrissey Friday night at the Hollywood Palladium. I've never been there before and it was kinda cool. Morrissey will finish his 10 night run there then the venue will be closed for remodelling. Needless to say, Morrissey was in fine form singing for 90 minutes. The crowd was pretty mellow and I saw a couple of kids there too. After the show started, Hector disappeared on me but I was enjoying the show. I took a short break to find him and he called my cell phone a few times which I could not hear. I tried calling him back and think I spoke to him but had NO IDEA what he was saying so I went to the bathroom and back to my spot. I randomly ran into Hector dancing near the back of the room so I said hi and went back to my spot. Later Hector says that he 'lost' me and thought I moved up closer (like up to the stage)...funny, I stayed in the same area the whole time so I have no clue why he couldn't find me.

After the concert, we went to Pinks. A Hollywood tradition that both of us had never eaten. Tonight we decided to brave the line (which is always there) for 45 minutes and get some Pinks hot dogs. We had the chili dogs (mine with cheese) and they were okay. Okay but not fantastic. Kind of pricey, we paid around $3-4 per dog but the wait was way too long. Would I go there again? Yeah, if I'm in the area and the line wasn't too long. I don't rate hot dogs as a real treat for me; I view them as something quick and tasty when you're hungry and it definitely wasn't quick at Pinks.

I had to get up earlier than usual on Saturday since Tyler had a soccer game at 9am. The only good thing about the first game of the day is that I found a parking spot right near the field. In a few short weeks, the kids are really improving. They were playing with a better sense of position and strategy this time. Tyler's team won the game 8-1. It was lots of fun.

Kat came over in the afternoon and brought some CPK salads for lunch. Yum. I got to see her new car which is super nice. We had a nice visit for a few hours playing video games and croquet with the kids. Soon after my SIL Lupe came over to watch the kids so Hector and I could go to the opening game of the LA Kings. We found our new parking lot and our usual seats. The game started of well with the Kings ahead until the 3rd period where they just lost it and the game 5-3. Bummer.

This week I've been feeling extremely tired and on the verge of a cold/flu. I took advantage today (Sunday) to sleep in and didn't get out of bed until 11:30am. It was SO nice. I did a couple of loads of laundry but I'll get the packing done tomorrow. Our flight leaves at 8 am so that means the shuttle will be picking us up around 4:45am. Ugh. Not looking forward to that at all.

Au revoir for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment