Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Last night my mom called to say her blood pressure was very high and she wanted me to come over. Every so often she gets these episodes where her blood pressure skyrockets then she takes another BP pill and after a few hours her BP goes down. But last night it wasnt' going down and she was feeling weak and shortness of breath. On the way to the ER, she started talking about what her 'wishes' were so it was a little upsetting. So I took her to the ER which thankfully took her in immediately. The staff stabilized her and got her settled in a bed. My mom seemed to calm down and I spoke with the MD. To make a long story short, my mom has had problems with hyponatremia (low blood sodium) and this was the problem again. She kept telling me to go home and I had to point out that a few hours ago she thought she was at death's door so I wasn't about to just run off! My mom was admitted into the hospital last night and we're just happy that she'll get the proper care. It will take a few days for her to get her sodium levels up and I hope that they can find a solution to keeping her healthy.
So needless to say, I'll be busy taking care of my usual stuff and visiting my mom. I'll leave updates when I can.

1 comment:

  1. I hope your Mom is feeling better. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete