Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter


It's a cold and dreary day today. The kids let me sleep in a bit this morning so I feel good. This weekend was really busy for me. On Friday night my friend Kat and I went to Vault 350 in Long Beach to the New Wave Rave 2007. We got to see tribute bands to The Smiths/Morrissey (These Handsome Devils), the Ramones (Gabba Gabba Heys) and Depeche Mode (Blasphemous Rumors). We arrived early enough to snag a table with a great view of the stage. The first 2 bands played and they were okay. These Handsome Devils really tried hard to sound like Morrissey and on some songs they succeeded but I gave them an A for effort. The Ramones tribute band was better but honestly after 5 songs I had enough since their songs all sound the same. Blasphemous Rumors started to play and they did such a great job. You can tell they went to great lengths to sound, look and act just like Depeche Mode. I'm happy they play locally so we can see them again. Kat and I had a fun time and hopefully I'll have some pics to show from the concert.
Hector has to work today 7am to 7 am tomorrow morning. He didn't get to take part of our Easter egg hunt but he is off for the day that really counts...my birthday!! He will be a doll and watch the kids (on spring break) while I have lunch with Kat and then see Blades Of Glory! :) We're really excited to see this movie...what could be funnier than ice skating and Will Ferrell?
Yesterday I went to the last hockey game of the season with Lupe. Hector agreed to watch the kids and he wanted to try out the Tornado, a device can transfer data via USB cables between 2 computers. He was very productive and transferred my pictures to my new computer. What was really cool is that he figured out how to transfer my music which totals 20 GB. Anyway, the hockey game was great. The Kings played the Phoenix Coyotes and the game was chock full of fights and penalties. It was a close game and the Kings scored another goal in the last 2 minutes to win the game. Yay! I'll load up pics from this weekend tomorrow and show off my self portrait skills. I love that I can take pics of myself and friends with the little digital camera and perfected the angle. I'll have to play around with it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment