Thursday, February 15, 2007

Celebrate

We finally were able to take our helicopter ride last night that was postponed from November plus dinner. I was kinda nervous about the helicopter and then I saw how small it was. That increased my anxiety but the pilots were great and once I started concentrating on the lights and sights, I began to have fun. It was a cool experience to see all the normal buildings and freeways up to 1000 feet in the air. We went by the Hollywood sign, Sunset Blvd., Dodger stadium, Staples center and downtown Los Angeles then back to Long Beach airport which took about 45-50 minutes. Now that I survived this ride, I am considering trying a helicopter in Hawaii. By the way, LA Helicopters took great care of us and it was a blast.

Now it was on to The Sky Room in downtown Long Beach. This place has everything for a romantic dinner; great views, excellent food, impeccable service and amazing music. Their Valentine's Day menu consisted of a 5 course meal with 4 choices of entree. Everything was wonderful and I suggested that we should do this every year. I think Hector agrees too so kudos to my wonderful hubby who did an excellent job of planning our evening!

1 comment: