Sunday, April 02, 2006

April Showers


Only one more day until vacation and thank goodness the record rainfall in Hawaii has stopped. 40 days of showers in Hawaii totalled 92 inches of rain in March! Yikes! Believe me, I was very nervous about the weather but Hector said there was nothing I could do to change it anyways. Of course he's right. The boys are packed and ready to go. I don't think I'll be blogging during this time but if the rain starts again, I might have to keep myself amused.

Oh, but my big guy Tyler finally rode a bicycle minus the training wheels! I am so proud of him. We practiced at the park and he did really well. Another milestone down. Next up will be rollerblading, so stay tuned.

A few weeks ago, I played tour guide to my friend Sherri and her sister Sandy. We loaded up our combined kids minus 2 kindergartners and went to Venice Beach, through Santa Monica, Beverly Hills and ended with the Bonaventure Hotel in downtown LA. It doesn't seem like much to native Californians but they enjoyed the day. My kids love going to the Bonaventure because the elevators are glass on the outside of the building. The hotel is unusual in its shape (see above pic) divided into sections. The elevators were used in the film True Lies when Arnold chases the bad guy into an elevator while riding a horse.


So if you ever are in downtown LA, check out the Bonaventure and ride the elevators.

No comments:

Post a Comment