Monday, April 17, 2006

Back to School


The first day back to school after spring break was not as bad as I thought it would be. Tyler woke up before I could even begin the usual process of dragging him out of bed so we had plenty of time to have a relaxed atmosphere at breakfast and be ready to walk to school. Joshua, on the other hand, slept in (he's still on Hawaii time). I woke him up, dressed him and off to school we went. He also didn't make a fuss when I dropped him off at preschool which was a nice change.

Tyler's kindergarten field trip is this Thursday and I volunteered to be one of 2 parents to help. We will be going to Green Meadows which is a farm/petting zoo that allows the kids to go on a hayride, milk a cow and get dirty. I know how much work this will be since I will be responsible for 7-8 kids for the whole day but it will be fun.




My Easter eggs came out all right. My fingers got stained from the neon food coloring and later when I ate some hard-boiled eggs, the whites were colored in areas. I had taken the kids to my mom's for their egg hunt and my mom definitely showed restraint in the candy department which was nice. She bought only one candy egg with Starburst jellybeans and then she got creative. I found Roma tomatoes and green grapes in the baskets too since she said they look like eggs. I really appreciated her efforts this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment