Thursday, January 15, 2015

January Hats

This year I'm really trying to work down my yarn stash. I have a couple of projects going but nothing is faster than knitting some hats. We have had some really cold temps here in SoCal so I think hats will be useful this year plus they make great gifts.

In the Puck This group on Ravelry, we have a challenge of knitting 3 hats in January for a hat trick. Not very hard to do since we have an entire month. I have completed 2 already but one doesn't count since its been on the needles for quite a while. No official prizes are offered but its fun to cheer one another on and see all the different hats.



garter ear flap hat


First up is the Garter Ear Flap Hat which is free on Ravelry. Multiple sizes available and this is the toddler size. I think one of my nephews can use this.

Next is The Vermonter...another free pattern on Rav. I've made this several times and it's super fast and easy. I remember knitting this last year and the recipient didn't like the huge pom pom on it so I detached it for her & gave her the pom separate. Then later after she spoke with some others that really supported the pompom, she asked for me to put one back on but she had either thrown away the pom or took it apart. So I didn't have the same yarn and had to use another similar yarn. That's the lesson...RESPECT the POM POM!!! :)

I really should knit one up for me, resisting buying new yarn. Although I did receive a yarn store certificate so technically that's not new if it's a gift. :)



Another Vermonter hat

I'm working on finishing up a third hat that I started in December or earlier, so that'll be nice to use up more yarn.


Big Chunky Comfy Hat

Another comfy hat with chunky yarn. Thanks to Josh for being my ever cooperative model.


No comments:

Post a Comment