Friday, January 23, 2015

Crank It up

I'm on fi-yaaaaah! But I'm going to slow down a bit to give my wrists a break. 


globular hat

This is Globular Hat which is another free pattern on Ravelry.  Gotta love those talented people on Rav to come up with some great patterns.

My friend Matt works outside a lot so he always appreciates my hats that I knit for him. I usually knit with acrylic or wool blend but this time I splurged on some Malabrigo Rios for him which is so soft and machine washable. It's hard to see the different tones/shades of colors in this hat but it's really gorgeous. Sort of a dark gray with bronze in it. The pattern has good texture which highlights the yarn too.

I even had enough for some fingerless mitts. 

Fingerless mitts.

Here is a better view of the yarn. As a knitter it really helps me keep going when the colors are so interesting. Actually I enjoyed this pattern more than I thought I would,  here in LA area we don't need super cold weather gear but these are perfect for our chilly mornings/nights.  Like I said before, the yarn is so soft that it feels great on the hands.


Monday was a holiday so the kids and I went to the Redondo Beach pier and then we walked to the Hermosa Pier. It was a nice walk while Josh rode his new longboard, Tyler & I discussed the different architecture of the beach houses. 


Redondo Beach, California


We couldn't ask for better weather because the next day was foggy/overcast.


Hermosa Beach, California

This beach shot is at Hermosa and it's deceiving from this angle. We were standing on top of the pier and this is a huge sand berm where people/kids were hanging out on. Kids brought their snow gliders to slide down this sand hill.

From where we were standing, we could have climbed over the railing and stepped onto the sand. Josh wanted to come back with our snow sled. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment