Monday, March 11, 2013

Weekend Antics

I had a really fun weekend. I got to hang with some girlfriends for some dinner and the LA Kings game. We went to The Farm for dinner where I had a burger with bleu cheese and a watermelon margarita. Yum.

We were there early so we were able to stake a spot behind the stage of the pre-game show. Well, Kat and I did. I think the others watched us act goofy. See here is the proof of us waving and grinning like fools. I took picures from my taped recording.

Getting in our TV time
Kat in the Bailey hat/me in gray hat.
Smiling like idiots
Add caption
The game was awesome especially when the Kings win 6-2. :)

I also picked up a nice find at a garage sale. It helps that my SIL keeps an eye out for me. She was having a garage sale with some of her friends to earn some spending money for Paris and her friend was selling this camera.


Canon A1
Canon A1
She sent a text pic to me asking me if I was interested. Um, yes. How much? $25 for everything, camera, lens, flash and bag. SOLD.

I took it over to the camera guy who put a battery in it and the camera turned on. Yay. It needs some sponges replaced, shutter mechanism fixed/lubed and cleaned. Dean said it's a great camera and he should have it ready in a couple of days. Double yay!! He's going to clean the lens and eye cup too. I'm sure Dean will give me a quick tutorial when I pick it up. I have to remember to bring some film to start right away. I'm so excited.





Canon A1
Canon A1 SLR.
It is super heavy so I ordered a camera strap but I think I need to wear my wrist support to hold this thing. :) So stay tuned to future photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment