Thursday, March 21, 2013

Latest projects

Phew!! Feeling like I'm being pulled in all sort of knitting directions. I have socks to complete along with several smaller projects for my steampunk cosplay but today I have several to share.

First are my Ernies. Pattern from my Cookie A sock yarn club and the yarn is such a pretty forest green.

Ernies complete

Ernie close up

It took me a while to finish these up but that's because I was distracted with other things. Of course.
I have some other socks on the needles so I can get back to those.

Spiffy

So here is the steampunk portion of the FO's. Some Spiffy Spats. I ironed the ruffle so it would lay flat which sort of messed up the acrylic yarn but it's okay. The cuff is still all right and stretchy unlike that poor ruffle which is sort of crunchy.

Ruffly spats

Ruffled spats

Very difficult to take photos of my feet with my DSLR w/ 50mm lens. I was in too much of a hurry to look for a different lens. You get the idea. I'm thinking these shoes for the cosplay since I'll be on my feet all day long and should be comfortable.

Pine Cone Lace Wrist ruffle

This pic was the hardest though. I had to set up the tripod and timer to get this. The other shots were bad and blurry. I knit these ruffled wristers with some leftover sock yarn and had just enough. Phew! My colors are all over the place...light blue hat topper, brown spats, purplish wristers to go with my brown skirt, white blouse and dark gray vest. At this point, I don't really care if it matches. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment