Thursday, March 07, 2013

Odds and Ends

I finished my little mini hat topper a while ago and finally got around to looking for embellishments. I went to Joanns armed with their latest flyer/coupons and spent lots of time looking at ribbons etc. I finally decided on a black elastic ribbon (?) that is more like a fancy elastic band but it looks nice. I also wanted some feathers or some visual interest and this hair clip is the best I could do. Plus it matched the ribbon/hat.

The hair piece has a alligator jaw style clasp and also a pin fastener so I used both to attach it to the hat which took me several tries to get it just the way I want. I didn't glue anything down so I can always change it later...

Some of the embellishments I got

Mini Hat Topper complete

I just need to put something underneath so I can pin it to my hair with bobby pins. Pretty happy with it.

Still working on my steampunk outfit along with Joshua's for Wonder Con. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment