Monday, March 21, 2011

Rainy Weekend

The rain took a while to get here but it came down in dramatic fashion Sunday. Lots of wind gusts along with pouring rain and some blackouts along the way.

We happened to be eating lunch at King Taco when the power went out. Thank goodness we already got our food but some unlucky customers couldn't order and I'm not sure if the people waiting for their orders could get their food.

We then headed over to Insight gun range. It was our first time shooting there and it was packed. I guess the weekend and the rain brought extra people in and it was an hour wait. Ha, but I come prepared and brought my Vellamo socks to work on. :) I'll post pictures from the gun range later...

After the rain
The swings at the park become a pond.
This morning (Monday) there was a break in the rain when I took the kids to school so I hauled the big 100mm macro lens out to find some rain drops. I found much more and had fun although the ominous clouds coming in cut my shooting time short.

After the rain
Two big branches broke off this tree in the park.


After the rain


After the rain

After the rain

Keep dry in SoCal because there's more rain coming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment