Monday, March 28, 2011

Mt. Waterman

Mt. Waterman
Chair 1.
On Saturday, Sherri and I took our snowboarding trip to Mt. Waterman. It was our first time there and we had a great time. The drive was pleasant and scenic. We had moments of being in the clouds then deep blue skies. It took us about 2 hours to get there and that was me being a tad slow since I wasn't familiar with the roads .

Mt. Waterman
Warming hut.

It's a small, family run place that is quaint and charming with no frills. There are only 3 chair lifts and when we arrived, only chair 1 was working with chair 2 almost ready and chair 3 was still being dug out. All the recent storms left a nice base of 5 feet and the temp was about 50* at the most with nice drifting clouds.

Mt. Waterman
On our way up.

Mt. Waterman
Chair 2.

I don't think I would pay full price for a lift ticket ($50) but I got us half price tickets off Groupon a while ago so that turned out well. The runs are on the short side but it all worked out well for Sherri since she hasn't snowboarded in over a year and still needed to work on her basic skills.
The runs were not crowded so she had plenty of room to practice. I usually let her go first to watch her and she usually fell once but after lunch I went first, glanced over my shoulder surprised to see her right behind me following, continue on and she still is keeping up. That run was the break through for her. Monkey see, monkey do. :)

Mt. Waterman
Sherri in action.

So now we need to get Sherri (and Hannah) to go again this season for more practice. Mammoth, anyone??

No comments:

Post a Comment