Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Lost Days at Sea

The last week seemed so long ago but here is a short recap. Overall, the cruise went fine. The ship Carnival Splendor has been restored to working order after a fire that disabled it up until the week before our cruise.

 My mom's family dynamics did not implode and for the most part I think everyone got along. Everyone did their own thing and we saw them from time to time walking around the ship. My kids enjoyed the cruise and the kids camp but after the 1st couple days, they had enough and were content to spend time with each other. They enjoyed the ship to its fullest; the jacuzzi, ping pong table and mini golf were big hits.

My mom seemed to do fine; we were very close to the pool, buffet and pizza/grill so she would take a few trips  there to get some hot water or apples.

I was able to hang with my cousins and kind of relax. It was a juggle trying to make sure the kids and mom were okay. After 2 days, we had tried all there was to eat.

The last 2 days at sea I got sick with the flu. I stayed in bed for those 2 days sending out Tyler for hot water and fruit. He was really great helping me out those days; he really is growing up before my eyes. :)

So, in a nutshell, we are happy the cruise is over. My mom is done with travelling, I'm done with cruising to Mexico and the kids OD'd on the 24 hour ice cream.

Here are my favorite pictures from the trip or you can see the full set on Flickr.

Mexico Cruise 2-27 to 3-6-11
Sunset in Puerto Vallarta.

Mexico Cruise 2-27 to 3-6-11
The kids with Grandma. Josh almost always has an ice cream cone in his hand. :)

Mexico Cruise 2-27 to 3-6-11
Cabo San Lucas.

No comments:

Post a Comment