Friday, July 09, 2010

Skew Socks

I had to knit these one at a time because these socks are nutso. The construction was totally unique and so confusing at first. So I made the left sock first which took about a month (off and on, mostly off) to knit.
Once I figured out the sock #1, I plunged on ahead for sock #2. Now that I was familiar with the pattern, 2nd sock took me a week. I must say I love them! Not the easiest to put on because of the unusual heel construction but it's well worth the effort.


Very hard to photograph too. I managed one heel but I need to set up a tripod and remote shutter to do the heels justice. I chose the striping yarn to highlight the unique diagonal flow because if it was solid , they would be just socks.


Hector says this pair makes him dizzy. Maybe I can hypnotize him into letting me buy more yarn! :) Just kidding! I'm starting another pair pronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment